This week we are discussing Chapters 16-20 in our fun little re-read along and I’m still having a great time! This week, the discussion is hosted by The Reading Housewives of Indiana so come see what everyone has to say…
1. If you where in Carlisle’s position, do you think you would have been able to fight off your vampiric urges? Would you ever bring someone into that life, as he did with Edward and Esme?
Well, sure! Carlisle didn’t get where he was overnight. I’m sure it took practice and a long, long time for him to become vegan or vegetarian or whatever those vampire cool kids call it these days. If he can do it, anybody can if they really wanted to.
And I’m sure I would consider bringing someone to life too. Living alone for centuries is a depressing thought, and it worked out well for Carlisle to bring Esme to life. I’d pick a hottie and take a bite. For me, he’d definitely be a rock star with a great voice.
|I’m looking at you, Scott Weiland.|
2. We are introduced to Edward’s playful side in these chapters, before he gets all manic about the new vampires, I think we have a better picture of who he is. If you had to describe him in 5 words, what would they be? Good and Bad qualities, whatever you like!
playful protective awesome sparkly crushworthy
3. While re-reading I have been taking notes: observations that I have come across re-reading and comparisons to the movie. One of my notes deals with page 383, in which Edward screams at Alice there is no other option. The first time around I didn’t get that he meant the future that Alice saw for Bella as a vampire (because we obviously hadn’t gotten to that part), but now that I know the whole story I see that is what he meant… Has this happened to you? Do you have any examples of things that are clearer now or things that you have realized while re-reading?
This does not happen to me! I think I read sometimes with an airheadedness that doesn’t seem to catch these details. With a story as intoxicating as this one, I read fast even when I try not to. When I read fast, I don’t take the time to think about little things that I may have missed the first time. I’m just reading because I’m loving it. Like McDonald’s y’all.
4. We haven’t talked about this yet, but I think the idea of your human gifts amplifying in your vampire life is interesting (Jasper’s control of emotions, Edward’s mind reading), what do you think your gifts would be?
I think my gift would be that I can make you do whatever I need you to do. And forget things. Kind of like a glamour. The kind of glamour in True Blood or the Iron Fey books.
I realize that this doesn’t amplify any gift that I have now WHATSOEVER. But a gal can dream…
5. We are coming to the end of the book, what has been your opinion on this re-read? First, when was the last time you read it? Second, do you feel you like it more, the same, or less this time around?
I love this re-read. I want to do more of them. Like Harry Potter, the Uglies series…whatever. I just love a read-along period. I’m having a BLAST reading the Iron Fey series with some awesome other gals (big HOLLA to Ginger and Yani and Carrie!)…I luuuurve me some Ash.
I first read this series not long after Breaking Dawn came out, whenever that was. I read all four books in a week. My great, great friend and coworker Anna brought me the books and begged me to take them on vacation with me, and I am SO GLAD I did. (I nearly neglected my family on that vacation, y’all. I won’t lie.)
I’m not sure if I love Twilight more this time around or not…it is just different. This is the second time I’ve read it. I have read it once before seeing the movie and once, now, after seeing the movie. It is just different. It is fun. I love it. I KNOW that I wouldn’t have taken the time to re-read it if it were not for this event, so thank you to all of the hosts. Fun, fun, fun!!!
|Jasper, What’s up with your HAIR???|
I love the reread too…the hosts are all fun, I want to be a part of the cool girls group…:D
And Jaspers hair…..thats funny…
You're right…It is just different a second or third time around! And I'm loving this re-read too. I'd like to do more. It's just fun to discuss and read everyone else's answers!
LOVE reading the Iron Fey with you all as well 🙂
Glamour would be super cool power!
Awesome went through my mind too! I have not read the Iron Fey series, I'll have to give it a look.
I really enjoy this re-read too, and would love to do it with other books. Hopefully one I already have 🙂
I think almost everyone agrees with Edward in being protective. Like that you picked sparkly and playful 🙂
The same thing happens to – I tend to read a book at too fast of a pace and I end up missing things. I wish my mind would just slow down. LOL
I would so re-read Uglies with you! 🙂 One of my fav dystopians and possibly the first one I ever read. Bubbly making! I love that!
I wouldn't have read Twilight again either if it wasn't for this!
I agree. I love it differently, but will never forget the 1st time. It is sounding like we need to continue the read along thing.
Ok, sparkly is the best adjective I've read all day! I also agree with the reading fast situation. The first two times I read the book were quick too…you get caught up in the love! I think that's why I'm enjoying this read better…all the Q&A has me slowing down and thinking a little deeper. Loving the group reread too!
This is Molly from Surrounded By Words. I'm having problems commenting with my Google ID. Anyways, I agree, another read along would be awesome! I've had so much fun! I'm jealous that you read them all the first time in a week! I had to wait for every one!
I'd second that for more read-alongs. This was so much fun, and I really don't know if I would've gotten around to reading Twilight again if this hadn't happened!
And a side note, I requested The Iron King at my library and it's ready to pick up for tomorrow 🙂 I'm pretty excited!